How do I find my tenant if he is in prison?

You are here : Member Forums Access How do I find my tenant if he is in prison?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rosy from Tatty
26 Posts
0 Thanks
Some weeks ago my tenant was arrested. I know nothing more!
I gave him notice some time ago via my solicitor. His father passed away eighteen months ago and the young man is learning disabled.
He then lost his job over a year ago and for six months he received LHA and failed to pass it to me.
I can't find out how long he will be in prison.
His debt to me now stands at over 5.500.00p. I offered him a room but he declined. (he is in a flat) he has been offered alternative accommodation through a charity, we have all offered to help him. Since last July his LHA was paid direct to me, however, the shortfall is 85 per week and I am now paying his heating.
In effect I have 'given' him over 5,500.00p.
I cannot possible leave things as they are. No one has been in touch regarding is flat/rent etc.,
I feel I don't want to spend more money (money I haven't got), in fact I am actively against paying out to take this to Court to get a Court Order when he has been given notice and cost me so much. I was asked why I didn't evict him earlier, I tried to give him a chance to get back on track plus being learning disabled I didn't have the heart.
I have written to my local MP regarding these types of problems, he is obviously busy but he tells me my letters are forwarded to the local council and then nothing ever happens.
18/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband