Two questions: notice from tenant and what to do if they have not told me of an important structural

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Two questions: notice from tenant and what to do if they have not told me of an important structural
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Towanda
1 Posts
0 Thanks

My first question is: do tenants need to give me 1 month notice even after I have given them 2 months notice and section 21?

My other question relates to tenants going against point 11 of part B of the contract: You must to the following... Here it says: Tell us about any repairs or faults that we are responsible for in the structure or outside of the property, in any instalations or in the shared areas. One of my tenants saw a crack on the wall in March, or before (she does not remember) and did not tell me at all, now (Novemember) as another tenant has moved out I could see the cracks were 3.5 cms in this other room. Apparently the problem is subsidence. I am really angry about this as now, the whole front of the property is going to have to be taken down and I am not going to be able to rent the place for months, I think the problem would not have reached this point if the tenant had told me at the beginning, when she saw the cracks or even later when she saw them getting bigger day by day. What can I do about this? All the information I get is about not being paid the rent (and this is one of the few things written in the contract she has done). May be it is not worth it to get into legal procedeens about this, but then why do we have the agreements in the first place.

Thank you very much

05/11/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband