Join the Residential Landlords Association

Gas Safety Certificate

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Gas Safety Certificate
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
MJ Clair
MJ Clair
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Hello,

Looking for some advice. I had a Gas Safety Check (and boiler service) taken out on one of my rental properties, by a (previously reliable) plumber.

However, he has yet to supply me with a copy of the certificate, he was uncontactable for a while and then his first excuse was that the app he used to send the certificates had crashed, and he would send on later.

I waited a week or so, then he said he was going to bring me a paper copy, but when he came, he couldn't locate it in his van.
He also told me he had left a paper copy with the tenant, (I have yet to check this, but will ask my tenant,) but this contradicts his later statement that it was "all electronic", and that he would email it to me within the hour....and he hasn't. I have asked at least four times now.

My question is , I am confident he has done the check since my tenant was in when he visited, but can I go direct to Gas Safe and get a copy myself, assuming it is an electronic system these days?

I am worried that I am now in breach of the law, as I don't have a current Gas Safe certificate.

Should I go and get the check redone by someone else?

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

22/04/2019 15:51

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions