Join the Residential Landlords Association

tenant keeps changing moving date

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion tenant keeps changing moving date
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
RAINBOWS
RAINBOWS
429 Posts
39 Thanks

the tenant told me about 2 months ago that they will leave in May although the agreement ends in September. I accepted it as I would like them to move out. Two weeks ago when I went to see the wife she said end of May and when I asked if its 31st May she said yes. After I found a tenant who was ready to move begining of June they said they are still looking for a new place. I told them theycannot mess people about and to give a date by e mail and they have given 15th of June and the potential tenants are ok with this. My worry is what will happen if the new tenants give notice and the present tenants dont move out on the 15th of June. What do I need to do? If they do go on the 15th do I have to get a letter of surrender signed?. It was a very informal tenancy. Because of all the hassle of deposits I dont take a deposit but write into the tenancy that any damage has to be repaired as and when it happens. So far there does not seem to be any and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Not the best way to do business I am afraid but I am over 75 and am the full time carer of my husband who has parkinsons and a lot of other problems. Its not the best time to sell either. Also I am not quite sure of everything I need to do for the new tenancy. Can some one please refresh my knowledge?. I have asked for a holding deposit. I will ask for 3 months bank statements, a copy of passports, I need to do an inventory although it will be rushed as they want to move out on saturday and new tenants want to move in on sunday. What else do I have to do?

04/05/2019 18:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions