Smoke Alarms/Detectors

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Smoke Alarms/Detectors
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Amanda_597
28 Posts
0 Thanks
I have seen a question on another forum and I don't know the answer to it and it applies to me.
Do smoke alarms need to be hard wired in rented properties and do you need carbon monoxide detectors.
I have a number of properties that I let out that have battery operated smoke alarms and more most recent properties that have hard wired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors as per building regulations at the time of developing.
I have looked at the documents on this site and searched the internet but haven't found a 'this is the law' answer to 'do smoke alarms need to be hard wired or can they be battery operated smoke alarms?'
I am thinking about buying another property that is a 3 bed family house.Usage will stay the same when let. It currently has battery operated smoke alarms but will I need to put in hard wired in order to let and also carbon monoxide detectors?
Thanks in advance,
Amanda
13/08/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband