Join the Residential Landlords Association

S.21 for almost 6 months ahead?

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 S.21 for almost 6 months ahead?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
JMH
JMH
36 Posts
2 Thanks

Sorry another probably vague S21 question. Current 1 yr tenancy expires early June and tenant asked if I can do a 6 month extension but I already indicated we need the property back. I think I can live for the 6 months but I really want to get the S21 in place as soon as I can. But they only last 6 months.

So, is it feasible to issue the S21 on the day (or a few days) after the tenancy goes statutory periodic, so a leave-by date say 5 months 25 days in the future?

Otherwise I'll do one for 5 months in the future.

Not sure if I am going about this all wrong but essentially I want the house back but at the same time want to try my best to fit in with the tenants wishes. Given the current situation, I worry that if I let it go too long I'll end up with all sorts of repair requests and I want to draw a line in the sand asap.

I will not be renting anything again. One house, far too much hassle!

23/05/2019 08:56

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions