Join the Residential Landlords Association

Tenant wants £800 for his expenses

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Tenant wants £800 for his expenses
Nadiaa
Nadiaa
15 Posts
0 Thanks

My boiler broke down in May, I tried to repair it, it worked for one day but then broke down again so I installed a new boiler. So altogether there was no heating and water for 11 days (with approx 1 day break when it was working). Now the tenant demands £800 for his hotel expenses during this time. When he moved in in April, before the boiler broke down, he was late with his rent and after my calls and email he has finally paid. Again in May, his rent was due on the 1st but he was not paying it because "his bank account was frauded and I had to wait". Then after the boiler broke down he has no intention of paying any rent and he is demanding money for his expenses because I "neglected my property". And he apparently took some photos to prove it. I feel he is blackmailing me. He said he is planning to move out but I'm worried he will not want to move out now. Please advise.

24/05/2019 11:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions