Join the Residential Landlords Association

LATE PAYMENT OF RENT

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears LATE PAYMENT OF RENT
SCORPION
SCORPION
2 Posts
0 Thanks

MY TENANT WAS INITIALLY PUT ON A 6 MONTH AST. I HAD AN AGENCY VET HIM AND BECAUSE HE IS SELF EMPLOYED NOT FOR LONG, HE DID NOT PASS THE CHECKS AND HIS PARTNER IS RECENTLY DIVORCED AND SHE ALSO DID NOT PASS THE CHECKS, THEY ALSO HAVE A DOG. AS ITS DIFFICULT TO RENT THE PROPERTY IN THIS AREA, THE AGENCY RECCOMMENDED TAKING 6 MONTHS RENT UP FRONT AND THEREFORE SET UP THE AST LIKE THIS AND THEY PAID THE RENT UP FRONT. THE TENANCY IS DUE TO END AT THE END OF THIS MONTH AND THE TENANT NOW SAYS THAT HE CANT AFFORD TO PAY 6 MONTHS UP FRONT AND WILL ONLY PAY MONTHLY. WE ASKED HIM TO MAKE THE PAYMENT BY FRIDAY LAST WEEK BUT IT STILL HAS NOT BEEN MADE. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS SITUATION AND WANT TO SERVE THEM NOTICE TO LEAVE. IF IT GETS TO THE 1ST JUNE AND THE RENT HAS NOT BEEN PAID, CAN I SERVE HIM A NOTICE FOR NON PAYMENT OF RENT THAT WILL GET HIM OUT QUICKER OR DO I SERVE HIM A SECTION 21?

29/05/2019 07:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions