Join the Residential Landlords Association

deposits cap

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits deposits cap
slooky
slooky
9 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi
I have read your post which states that a tenancy agreement has to be entered into 15 days after a holding deposit is taken.
I always take a holding deposit 3-4 weeks before the tenancy is due to begin. Therefore it is impossible to enter into a tenancy agreement. Surely if the intention is there - would that suffice.
I can not be the only landlord that advertises a property the day after the current tenant hands in their notice. I start viewings the 1 - 2 days after the current tenant gives notice and find a tenant that first week. This works for both landlord and tenant as they have to give a months notice and I then only have a short void which allows me to make sure the place is ready for the next tenant.
If you are saying that a tenancy agreement has to be entered into 15 days after a holding deposit is taken that means I will have to wait 2 weeks after my current tenants have given notice before doing viewings. It also means the new tenants will have to pay rent on 2 places for 2 weeks.

30/05/2019 14:01

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions