Gas Cooker 'Not suitable for flats'. FFV Flame Failure Valve, FSD Flame Suppression Device.

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Gas Cooker 'Not suitable for flats'. FFV Flame Failure Valve, FSD Flame Suppression Device.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
Key_Master
7 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello fellow landlords.
I’ve just been to my local Curry’s Store and noticed that all their gas cookers carried the notice ‘Not suitable for flats’. When I asked a member of staff why, I was informed that although all ovens are now fitted with a FFV (Flame Failure Valve) also called an FSD (Flame Suppression Device) the Law now requires that hobs should also be fitted with an FSD if they are to be used in flats.
I self-let a 2 bed mid terrace house, and the current tenants will move out on Feb 15th taking their cooker with them. The last time I let the house, several potential tenants were put off by having to provide their own cooker, so I was thinking of providing one this time round. I’m not to concerned about having to have it annually checked by a CORGI engineer, as I have to call one out to check the central heating boiler anyway.
Are you aware of any legislation current or planed to make cookers with hobs fitted with an FSD a legal requirement in let-property?
Thank you in advance,
Andy.
02/02/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions