L/L gas certs

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy L/L gas certs
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Booth
84 Posts
1 Thanks
Good morning, we occasionally have a problem where the L/L gets his own gas cert done for a property we manage, we are constantly having to chase the copy, and until we have sight of the cert we cannot be sure that it is done. As we share some liability I am keen to put the legal liability over to the landlord, do you feel a disclaimer signed by the L/L would be recognised by the authorities if something were to go wrong at the property, something to the effect - I etc accept full responsibility for the issue of the gas certificate at the following property etc.

We could then have a practice where the L/L has to sign such a document before we would allow him to do his own gas cert.

We currently have one cert out of date for 3 months, I have rang him 5 times but still no cert has appeared, last year was exactly the same and we havn't got the time to keep chasing these certs.

It would seem unfair if we couldn't disclaim the liability because the situation is out of our control, e.g. we cannot obtain evidence from him that it is done and he won't let us get our GS guy to do it and charge him in the usual manner, kind regards Gary.

15/07/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions