Has Housing act 1988 been succeeded / ammended or repealled to allow for students??

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Has Housing act 1988 been succeeded / ammended or repealled to allow for students??
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Millet
127 Posts
17 Thanks
Hi, a week ago I enquired as to what tenancy agreement would be best for my situation. I stated that I was precluded from the use of ASTs as Housing Act 1988 schedule 1 part 1 states ASTs cannot be used for students. I have since been advised that I should go ahead and use an AST but given no reason that this is now legally acceptable. Can you tell me why ASTs can now be used for student tenancies though the Housing Act states they cannot. Has a new Act been passed, or has Housing Act 1988 been ammended or succeeded to allow students to be bound by ASTs, if not, how is everyone who tenants students under ASTs getting away with it, or are they simply unaware of the problems they will face because of this until they have to take a student tenant to court?
14/03/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions