Faulty electrical wiring

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Faulty electrical wiring
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
ABC
26 Posts
0 Thanks
I have had a problem with melting and smoking electrical wiring at 2 house. The 100 amp isolator burnt out so the electrician had to cut the seal on the main fuse and the meter needs replacing. I have taken this seriously and it was dealt with urgently. However this incident at 2 different houses could have been grave. The houses are new builds Barratt and Persimmon Homes.

Please can you advice me on:
1.The action I can take to hold the builders accountable. One house was purchased new on April 2005 and the other Dec 2005.
2.What as a landlord do I have to do to prevent this happening again?
3.Do I need to get electrical safety checks done on each property?
Thanks

05/07/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions

Share this page