HMO Planning ?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy HMO Planning ?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
dwrights
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello,

Got a bit of a problem and need your advice.

About three years ago I purchased a four bed detached house from Nottingham University. They had used it for housing students over the past 15 years.
I then converted it into a 3 storey,3 bath, 6 bed hose which was built to HMO spec and was signed off by the buiding inspector. The property is Unipol Dash Code registered and is pre let from Aug 2010 to Sept 2011. The property is now vacant ready for the signed up students in August.

I have decided to sell the property pre let for the coming student year and have had a good offer.
My problem is the estate agents are asking me to apply for planning permission because the buyer thinks that the house needs planning under tyhe new rules?

My argument was the house has been a student house for the last twenty years so dosn't need planning?

I realy don't want to spend up to 1000 applying for planning and getting architects to draw plans for a house I am selling.

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

David.

22/04/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband