Service charges

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Service charges
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks

My freehold owner sent me not an invoice for interim service charhes for year June 2012 to may 2013 of 1361.45 including administrative service charges of 27.15. Those interim service charges do not refer to charges that were already occured and paid for but to the estimated service charges. They sent me details of the estimated accounts and I am still in possession of that letter.

Seeing that the charges weren't for occured expenses, I sent the agents of freeholder 6 charques payable in 6 months from August 2012 to January 2013.

In return, I received a letter from them today that they could agree to accept post dated cheques provided I sign an agreement with them to pay 36 as extra charges. I think the freeholders do not have a right to claim such payment because I am still paying the whole amount of money not in 12 months but in 6 months.

If I dont agree to sign that agreement as they wanted and they return my cheques, then they sue me for non payment of service charges, would the courts be likely to decide against my action and sentence me to make that payment and additional charges and their legal charges or they just strike off the claim.

Your urgent reply will be greatly appreciated.

Yours truly

17/08/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband