Tenants notice ?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Tenants notice ?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
GeorgeD88
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I have tenants who wish to move into my premises. Their tenancy agreement with current letting agent states they must give 1 month notice and they are currently on a periodic tenancy. They have served written notice today in order to move into my premises on the 12th January. They have been informed that their tenancy notice can only be given on the rent due day which is the first of each month and therefore they can only give their notice on the 1st January 2013 for a expiry of 31st January. The actual tenancy does not specify this and just states one month needs to be given. Their current letting agent has stated this is the law !!!! I am unaware of this being the case and am wondering why the notice cannot be given at any time during a periodic tenancy and if the date does not correlate to the rent due date,then an individual day cost be worked out and applied for the extra days past the next rent date.

Please advise

George

13/12/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband