Disagreement with letting agents- what are our rights?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Disagreement with letting agents- what are our rights?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
G
GAVIN
3 Posts
0 Thanks
The terms and conditions the letting agents provided us with at the start of us using them state that 'the agent is entitled to charge a fee at the agreed rate in respect of any tenants introduced by them, for however long that same tenant remains in the property, wether or not the agent negiotes the subsequent extensions of the initial term.'

We had a one year contract with the tenant in which we also had a 6 month break clause which we employed as the tenants were not at all suitable. I spoke on the phone to the letting agents and they said we would pay comission for however long the tenants were living there. I served the appropriate notice and the tenants moved out.

The agents have now invoiced us for the remaining 6 months even though I have an e-mail from their office manager saying 'it has pointed out to me that MD agreed that this contract could terminate after 6 months' in reply to an e-mail where I have asked again for confirmation that we will not be charged a years commision.

Are we liable to pay these fees or does an e-mail from the office manager protect us?

Many thanks in advance.

19/01/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband