Breach of Contract

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Breach of Contract
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Sally_735
8 Posts
0 Thanks
I have recently been trying to get my agent to provide me with details of charges he has billed me for as I have evidence the work has not been carried out. He now states that the sub contractor has gone into receivership and he can not get these. You have advised me to do a claim via the small claims court to recover this money which I will do - however he has now informed he he is going to serve a 7 day breach of contract on me, but has yet to give me any grounds, and is stating he wants the 11 months commission paid to him for the rest of the contract.

Last night I visited the proeperty to discuss rent arrears with the tenants to find they have moved out. I have served a section 8 on them and this expires on Mon 15/9/08 - Do I have to wait to go in the property till then or can I go in now.

Also the agent has the keys - Is he allowed to hold onto these until I pay the balance of the commission he has not received? I do not have any keys so if he will not release them can I force entry.

Lastly what is the process to reciver the deposit from the agent?

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

05/09/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband