Serious Problems With William H Brown/Sequence Homes

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Serious Problems With William H Brown/Sequence Homes
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Over a year ago I used W H Brown/Sequence Homes full management package to let my one bedroom flat. After four months of complaints from the neighbours and constant late payment of rent by the tenant and numerous breaches of the tenancy agreement I asked WH Brown to invoke the get out clause in the tennancy agreement. It then took a further 7 months to regain possesion of my flat due to a host of problems with the service from WH Brown, most importantly that the had not properly dated the break clause in the tenancy agreement, leading to the court denying my initial aplication for possesion. I have followed WH Browns complaints policy and went straight to their managing director. They denied any responsibility and offered me 150 by way of a "goodwill" gesture.

Considering I am 3,500 out of pocket due to lost rental income I felt this gesture at the very least insulting as I feel that there administrative error was entirely to blame for the delay.

I have looked into the ombudsman for estate agents but have found that W H Brown are only registered as a sales agent, the ombudsman will therefor not deal with a complaint against the lettings department. I have also looked at ARLA but they can only meter out professional guidance and punishment, not compensation.

Can you offer me any advice as to how to procede

15/10/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband