Dispicable behaviour by letting agent

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Dispicable behaviour by letting agent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
msmoey
19 Posts
0 Thanks
I let my flat through a letting agent on a 1 year AST dating from March this year due to expire in February 2012. In July the letting agent gave me three weeks notice that my tenants wanted to leave on 29 July. He said it was not worth pursuing the tenants for the remainder left on the tenancy agreement. I said I was not going to allow this and would pursue them for the rent. They left on 29 April on inspecting the flat there was damage etc., to walls and fitments so I decided to redecorate. The agents then told me it was not legal to pursue for rent and just to let them go. I have since discovered that this same letting agent let another property (that they managed) to these tenants while they were managing my property, and while persuading me not to take any action against my former tenants. They were obstructive in giving me a forwarding address but I have managed to find it. What are my remedies. Can I sue for breach of contract? conflict of interests and can I sue the agents for loss of rent? Any advice?
27/09/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband