Letting Agent misled me from day one

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Letting Agent misled me from day one
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
Nav1
7 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello All

I am a new member to RLA, have a property that I let through a Letting agent in my area, They informed me to provide fully managed service for 10% commission to find tenants and manage property.
I signed up tenancy with four individual with guarantor and agent confirmed all check are good, but then I found out there were about 8-10 people living in my property, they started demanding additional furniture, house work etc, As I refused to comply with their all demans the agend decided to to fulfil them without my approval out of rent.
After six months they moved out without giving me notice, and stealing some furniture bought from rental money, The agent did not have my approval to move in another set of tenants but she moved another couple and paid me 1 months rent.
Now the agent is forcing me to sign new tenanacy agreement which i declined so she has stopped paying me and says I have no choice but to sign the tenancy and meet their demand for providing more furniture etc. The agent says I can not move them out and she will not recover loss property from previous tenants.
The agent never carried out inventory/exit inspection.
I want to de-instruct the agent to work on my behalf as they have breached code of practice and claim rent arrears, how can I do this? Please assist in your expertise.

29/10/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband