Avoid this Liverpool Agency - Yakel Properties

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Avoid this Liverpool Agency - Yakel Properties
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
Helen McKintock
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Yakel Properties, Smithdown Road are rogue agents.

I rented for the first time and used them as agents. Unfortunately I was naive never having rented before and took them at their word. They couldn't have been more devious. They allowed a family of 4 children and a dog to rent when I had requested just a couple. They took weeeks and weeks to pass on rent. They didn't respond to repairs requests. They took a deposit from the tenant but didn't protect it under the Deposit Scheme as stated in the tenancy. They'd kept the deposit and eventually paid it to me minus their commission as a months' rent.

Furthermore the tenants couldn't have been referenced as not only did they get into arrears and disappear leaving loads of rubbish and damage and a string of debts including ones having followed them from their last address, but the agency won't even return the keys they held and the gas safety cert and EPC they charged me for (maybe these were never done). They also charged me for white goods that turned out to be useless, meaning I had to arrange for their disposal. Ect

29/09/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband