Disrepair

You are here : Member Forums Access Disrepair
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
15 Posts
1 Thanks
Tenants moved into a property in September 2010. It soon became apparent that there were damp issues at the property. In November the EHO visited the property and it was established that the external rendering on the adjoining wall with next door was the source of the damp. There are other minor issues, leaking shower, broken washing machine, no seals on fridge.

The fridge, washing machine and tumble drier issues are minor. It is the damp, and the landlords failure to rectify that concerns me and the tenants. Originally the landlord paid towards the heating and electric. It has been 10 months now since the problems started and the tenants are dissatisfied and unwilling to pay anymore rent, (they have been advised not to withhold rent). They have requested compensation/damages however the landlord is unwilling to consider. I would therefore be grateful if you could advise me of the options available to the tenants with regards to court action given that the damp seems to originate from next door?

Thanks

Beverly

18/03/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband