Electricty Board broke into my house

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Electricty Board broke into my house
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
68 Posts
0 Thanks
Ive recenty purchased a reposession house and have just let it out. I contacted the electricity company and advised them that I was the new owner and who the tenant was. A few days ago the electricity company came to the house while the tenant was out, drilled the lock out on the front door and entered the house. Changed the meter for a key meter (becuase the previous owner of the house owed them money)and left. The tenant came home and could not get into the house as the locks had been drilled out and her key didnt fit. Luckilly she had a key to the patio door at the back of the house. The tenant was very upset by this (she is a sigle mother)The electricity company denied entering the house, but they were witnessed by one of the neighbours. It cost me 130 to get the locks replaced by a locksmith. Any thoughts on action that I can take against the electricity company ???
08/07/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband