more help with buying to holiday let

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents more help with buying to holiday let
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I was really interested in the article in Septembers mag about holiday letting, so much so that I had to get up at 2 in the morning and write this! I have one house which I rent out as holiday lets and another that I am living in which I was about to put on the market. Since reading the article I am wondering why I don't borrow on the house and also put it up for holiday lets as I can offset losses against other income. My question is, even tho I am going about it a long way, where can I find someone who REALLY knows their stuff about this, I don't think my accountant has a clue as it has never been mentioned to me before. Also, should it be relatively easy to raise a fair bit of money on the property in order to invest it in somewhere to live myself, would it still be classed as a buy to let and what sort of evidence of rental income would be required by the morgage company? A lot of questions I know and it is still only 2.30 a.m! Glad of any advice anyone can offer about any of the above isues.
18/09/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions