Deposit settlement

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Deposit settlement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Robinhood
19 Posts
0 Thanks
Can anybody advise as to what can be kept from the deposit following a tenant doing a moonlight flit. I need to know in order to state to a debt collection company what the final arrears are. Some queries I have are listed below.

Some items microwave, fridgefreezer were beyond being cleaned back to a state fit for use. New tenants have these appliances. Can I keep money from the deposit to replace these or do I have to buy now so that I have receipts?

Where I decided to do the work myself rather than getting somebody in to do it, can I charge for my time as well as materials?

Having sent the tenant a letter informing them of the damage / work required I advised that the deposit would not be returned and that unless I heard from them within 14 days it would be taken that they did not dispute this. Does this enable me to instruct the debt collection company to recover the whole ammountof arrears?

Thanks in advance for any help received.

06/10/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband