New to this - At what point should deposit be paid to tenant

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents New to this - At what point should deposit be paid to tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
SPG
2 Posts
0 Thanks
at what point should the deposit be paid back to the tenant. the tenant in question is being particularly difficult, seeming to be quoting the law at every opportunity (she's been to CAB, Shelter, Housing Benefit and the likes of such organisation). Her argument is that she needs it for her next property and i cannot hold it, has point blank refused to pay the balance of the rent as per the AST agreement as the Housing Benfit have advised her she is paying me too much. I have repeatedly expalined to her that our relationship is governed by the AST and as such by refusing to pay she is in breach of contract. Plus can I deduct any rent arrears (she is refusing to pay)from the deposit.

I have given her notice as this has been a continual problem from day one. Whether she will leave is another matter as she seems to have may leagal advisors - advising her how to be a pain.

16/10/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband