Can I do anything regarding my Letting Agent - complicated.

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Can I do anything regarding my Letting Agent - complicated.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jay_730
5 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

Hope you can help!

I went with a letting agent as this was the first time I owned and rented a property, thinking it would be difficult to completely manage myself I went with an agent to supply tenants and also manage the property. There was a finders fee and also an ongoing monthly mangement cost!

In short the tenants ended up making late payments after about 6 months. The agency did send reminders to the tenants but they kept paying late and after 1 month of reminders were in arrears, we never got a payment on time. After further letters sent by the agency and no response from the tenants they are about 6 months behind rent now, this is including the 2 months notice sent to the tenants! They are supposed to be out by Monday 11th 2008.

A section 8 has also been sent through a solicitor by the agency to the tenants. (I personally dont think its looking good!)

I also found out one of the tenants left after 6 months and the agency knew about this but never informed me at all until 2 months after the fact!. I'm starting to now wondering what checks were really done if any! The tenant that left was pregnant and had a baby and then left as she was then housed by the council!!, we specifically said working professionals!

It just seems to be one mess after another and it just seems that the agency acted very slowly to now what is a major issue and we are atleast 6 months in arrears. In reality what are the chances of getting that back??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

07/02/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband