Fire Regulations in building converted to flats

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Fire Regulations in building converted to flats
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
bart
10 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi
I'm becoming more confused about the new fire regulations. I have a large Victorian Terraced house which consists of a basement and four further floors, each floor is converted into a s/c flat. I'd heard about a change in the law, and invited the fire service to come and give me some informal advice, which they did. I have a two wire four zone fire alarm and smoke/heat detectors in rooms, and emergency lighting. They were happy with the equipment I had, and said it was more than adequate, but advised me that I had to write a fire safety risk assessment and also test the fire alarm every week at the same time, or get a responsible person to do so. Is this really necessary? I've had a reply to my post on the forum which indicates that they may be being over the top, but am not sure now how to proceed. I am planning to sell a couple of the flats some time next year, so I want everything to be as it should be.

I would really appreciate your help on this one - many thanks. I am a reasonably new member and wish I'd joined years ago, as have found the site so useful.

06/12/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions