problem in neighbours property- how to deal with it

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents problem in neighbours property- how to deal with it
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Doris
7 Posts
1 Thanks
Hello, there, I have a question related to a property that I let out to Housing benefit tenants- the people there caused some damage through leaks of water. I tried to do repairs and stop the problem, but the tenants did not let me in. The neighbours property also had water in their dining room- we have a wall between us. It was just on their carpet. The tenant there also raised the issue. As soon as we got our property back, we repaired everything. There was no obvious cause to the water leaks. We still do not know what caused that water to appear. But we were called by the neighbours owner asking us to solve the problem in the house next to ours.
Do they have a right to do so/ if yes, they are renting through a Housing Association and that Association has found a contractor to repair for 800. They are asking the landlord (owner next door) for the money. He is chasing us to cover the expenses. What rights have we got and how to approach this issue- the walls have damp, and the carpet needs changing because the tenant next door has not moved her finger to dry it out- she could have done a bit help the situation. It has been almost 2 months now- but the fact that she has not used the heater to dry it out and she has not lifted the wet carpet- the damp has spread to the walls. Help please.

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
18/12/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband