Join the Residential Landlords Association

Is the deposit protected correctly?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Is the deposit protected correctly?
GLB
GLB
3 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi Can anyone confirm if the deposit for my tenants is sufficiently protected for me to serve them notice?
Tenants deposit protected correctly by my agent, they were on an AST which has just gone onto a periodic tenancy.
They fell out and requested in writing that the deposit was transferred over to the female tenant which the agent did, I emailed to request a date the male tenant was leaving so I could issue a new AST and a week or so later they advised that they were back together again, so a new AST was never created.
I completely forgot about the deposit being re-registered in the male tenants name as the agent had taken care of that part.
To cut a very long story short, the tenants are threatening not to pay the rent and I want to serve them notice, however before I do I need to know that there will be no come back with regards to the deposit. It is protected with DPS in the female tenants name and we cannot just add the male tenant as an email I believe will go to him which will further fuel the fire as the relationship has broken down.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks

03/06/2019 08:14

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show London Olympia 2019
Ideal Flatmate
99 Homes
John Pye Auctions