tenants seem to have run off

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents tenants seem to have run off
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
lesley_950
3 Posts
0 Thanks
The one year tenancy was up at the start of November. I was out of the country at the time, but spoke to the tenants on the phone who confirmed they wanted to continue for another year. I asked for this confirmation in writing, but never got anything. I wrote to them to confirm our verbal agreement, explaining we would have to meet to sign the contract. They paid the rent at the start of December. However, they did not reply to any of my phone messages to arrange to meet to sign a new tenancy agreement. They did not reply to any letters sent. They did not pay the rent at the start of January. The shop owner downstairs tells me that they have moved out. There seems no sign of life in the flat, ie it looks like they have fled.
Since there was no signed tenancy agreement, in spite of my efforts to secure this, and since they are not responding to my phone messages and letters:
1. can I go into the flat and assess the situation? If not, what can I do, since I have no clue of where they have gone?
2. regarding bills, which were in their names, if any amount is outstanding, am I responsible?
Any other advice would be appreciated since this is my first experience of having tenants.
31/01/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband