8 Weeks rent owing

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents 8 Weeks rent owing
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Ian Smith
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I am in the process of trying to evict a tenant due to 8 weeks rent arrears. She has had her local Housing Allowance paid directly to herself but now the local authority has decided to pay me directly untill further notice.
I wrote a letter to her on the 2nd January giving her two months notice to leave on or before the 3rd March but I fully beleive she will not leave on that date.
Would it have been better to serve a section 21 notice or a section 8 notice for rent arrears.
As I understand it a section 21 notice can be used for the "accelerated possession procedure" without possibly a hearing whereas a section 8 notice for rent arrears can be challenged in court by the tenant, ( apparently she could use the " I need urgent repairs doing ploy" even though she has never contacted me with any said repairs)The judge could then grant a stay of execution without me getting judgement for the arrears or the house back.

31/01/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions