HHSRS INSPECTIONS And Long Standing Grant Payments

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents HHSRS INSPECTIONS And Long Standing Grant Payments
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
0 Posts
0 Thanks
I had a inspection of HHSRS (Housing Health and Safety Rating System)by the local invironmental protection dept of the council without informing me prior. They sent a Housing Act 2004-Section 11&12 Inprovement Notice with a schudule of works arriving abount 16 Dec 06 recorded delivery left in the post box on the gate at the bottom of the drive (nobody signed for it think the post man must of signed). It says if you wish to appeal you must do so in 21 days, as christmas and new year holidays where in the way and as I suffer from diebetic high blood pressure angina tinnitus and was not well at the timeI gave my stepson it to sort out(he lives 10 miles away I live over 30 miles away) unfortualy he let me down by not appealing although he did write a letter saying that I could not fund the work and I would have to give the tennants notice to quit and sell the propery which I sent. The schudule of works is way over the top and even the most minor things are included (eg slight chip on the bath must be replaced). They are demanding double glazing,full central heating replace,large concrete drive put a drain in(although it slopes to the rd and has a rough non slip surface) as it could be slippy repoint the house ect ect.It is a large victorian house with many original features and I spent 11000 on a schudule of works to comply with a mandantory grant in 1995 covering things they now want doing that was never payed,I was told when work finished it would be a long time as they where so short staffed?.2years later I asked for payment but was ignored.Over 2years ago my wife demanded payment but has bean stalled with excuses At this timeI had immence problems with sorting out my late mothers estate and my brother who lived with mebecoming very ill and several years later dying so it got left.Has I get on well with my old tenants we feel bullyed into selling,the council surveyor next door wants to buy at low price the same fiquer council mentioned it was worth? Help and advice would be greatly appreciated. ?
31/01/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband