Letting agents deducting money from a tenent?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Letting agents deducting money from a tenent?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
13 Posts
2 Thanks
I am having problems with a letting agent i used, I set up a tenency last april and use a letting agent. The contract was for six months they said it would be hassel free, so i signed. They got me a tenent in staight away. This is the hard part. First problem - I got paid over a week late by the letting agent, the tenent paid on time but the letting agent paid me late, told me it was late due to the queens jubilee. Second problem. In june my house is involved in an explosion, no one hurt in my property. I only had a tenent in for two months, the letting agent told the tenent she could have her bond back and a refund by me for one months rent which i gave her. As my house was in no fit state to live in from june to december i had no tenent, making my contract with letting agent void. the tenent i had living in my property wanted to rent my house back when it was repaired, i agreed. I had other problems with the letting agent and decided i did not want there service once my house was repaired, i sent them a letter to cancel ther service, they wanted a withdrawl fee from me of 276. I am refusing to pay this as i have had no paying tenent for four months of the six month contract. I sent them a letter in november saying i was not paying this withdrawl fee. They have never responeded to me. Next problem - My house is repaired the tenent moves back in, i set up a tenency agreement and deposit scheme. The tenent ask the letting agent to send me the bond. The letting agent send me an email to say they are going to deduct the withdrawl fee i won't pay from her bond money and give me the rest. Can the letting agent do this as her money is nothing to do with my disput with them?
24/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband