Duty of Care

You are here : Member Forums Access Duty of Care
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mrs Stewart
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I feel very betrayed by the agents renting out my house. They vastly undervalued the rental. Apart from the contract with the tenant nothing was signed between agents and me. I have calculated that I have lost 20K for the first year and about 15K on the second year in income. Now the tenant wants to take uphis option to renew for a third year which I was asked to sign for. I have found out that the agents are friends of the tenants. The agents have since sprung a new thing on me, - they say that should the tenant wish to buy I pay them 3% - before I rented out my house it was under offer to sell and my commission to the original agents was 2% I want to sell the house but the tenant wants to renew since the rent is so low. Has not the agent got a duty of care towards the owner of the house who is paying them 10% commission.I was a complete novice in all of this and i feel that they have taken advantage of me and completely given me bad advice.
12/09/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions