wont give deposit back letting agents

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents wont give deposit back letting agents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
stur
11 Posts
0 Thanks
hi

6 years ago i rented a property out through a letting agent.they found me a tenant and kept the deposit saying that was the normal way to do things and when the tenant left they would give me the deposit if there was any arrears or damage[i now know thats really naive of me]

Well the tenant left and the place was an absolute wreck i spent thousands on a repair bill[of which i kept the reciepts.]unfortunately the letting agent who i only knew as Mo was never in the shop and never responded to e-mails or calls.After a year i sent him an e-mail stating that i will take him to court if he doesn't give me my money.Subsequently i recieved the following email:

Dear Sir,

May i remind you that i have already told you many months ago I am not the owner of Ashford Estates and yet you keep asking for me to resolve your issue! I only work part time for this company who is not actually trading and is in the process of winding up.
This is the reason why i wish not to listen to your continuous rant about 66 Thurlestone Av.
Should you wish to pursue this personally with the legal owner of the above company then redirect your letters to 72 Kingfisher Heights Grays Essex RM17 5QQ
If you do ever come down to 794 High Road you will notice Ashford is no longer there so what more can I do!!

Mo

The company is trading and the only person i know there is this Mo who rarelt turns up. does anyone have any advice on what to do now.
Also the company he quoted is a new company only registerd in july this year and i dont know whats going on there....

Anyway if anybody does read this and thinks of anything please let me know.

thanks

paul

24/08/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband