taking over a portfolio

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents taking over a portfolio
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
kobra
123 Posts
2 Thanks
I'm an agent &have been asked by an owners relative to manage a number of their properties.The owner is now 85 and in hospital. I wont be able to meet or speak with the owner. I've given the relative my management terms and he will get the owner to sign.Is this procedure ok as I have not actually met or spoken with the owner?.

The agreements already in place are poorly written and will need changing at the end of their fixed terms.Should I only agree to take on the ones where the fixed terms have already expired? Therfore negating any disputes over his poor agreement? and non existent record keeping.

The 85 yer old owner had the records in his head there are little details about rents received etc.I have done a questionnaire for each household to comlpete asking for rent arrears position and a copy of their original agreement.Is there anything else I should be looking out for in this situation.?

04/04/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband