Who's responsible

You are here : Member Forums Access Who's responsible
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Richy_565
20 Posts
3 Thanks
My tenant has been in touch with me to inform me that the tumble drier at the flat has a fault and is not working. I am currently paying 213.00 per year for insurance cover for repairs on all the appliances at the flat for parts and labour. My tenant cannot get time off from work to wait in for an engineer to call during working hours in the week. The engineers do not work in the evenings or on Saturday's. I say that it is not my responsibility as a landlord to wait at the flat for a possible 4 to 6 hours waiting for an engineer to call and that it is the tenants responsibility if he wants the drier repaired. Can you please tell me who is responsible? If the tenant is not available to let an engineer in to do the repairs, and I am not willing to spare my time and money to do this for him should the appliance remain unfixed or is it my responsibility to have all the appliances in working order at all times. Please help! The tenant is otherwise a good tenant and pays his rent on time so I wouldn't want to upset him. What would happen if I was working as well!!
26/01/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband