Access to property

You are here : Member Forums Access Access to property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
My tennants boyfriend broke the back door.
I told the tennant I would look at repairing it but would not replace it as I held her responsible for the damage. I agreed to do this as it was very cold, very draughty and she has two young children and no money.
I was unable to contact her and with a builder entered the property to asses the damage. She has since abandonned the property, stealing the washing machine and an electric fire, plus leaving the property in a state.(broken toilet seat, doors off hinges, bannister ripped off the wall etc.) I have reported the theft to the police. They have located her and she has the goods and says she bought them. In spite of me having the reciepts the police seem to be taking her side and she has claimed that I entered the property illegally and opened her mail.
This is not true.
If the door needed attention and I told her I was going to try to fix it and she was uncontactable , surely I have a right to enter the property.
30/01/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband