Deposit paid to DPS incorrecty?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Deposit paid to DPS incorrecty?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
kobra
125 Posts
4 Thanks
I took the first months rent &deposit on the 5/4/07. The tenancy started 7/4/07. I could not find any question and answer to cover this situation and I had to decide quickly in order to allow for it in the agreement,which I did and paid the deposit over to the DPS.

I also thought that if I was doing this incorrectly their computer would reject it - given it asks for deposit &tenancy strat dates. It didnt reject it so i thought all was well.

At this weeks RLA in Leeds meeting we were given some guidelines from Bury &Walkers Solicitors which states only depsoits taken after 6/4 are in the scheme and it is not relevant when the tenancy is created.

I called the DPS and a girl that sounded 15 answered the phone. SHe didnt have a clue and had to ask a supervisor.They say that the deposit was correctly paid in because the tenancy start date was after the 6th.

I emailed 3 days ago to get further advice but have got no answer.

My other question is, if there is a dispute can another deposit be taken and handed over?.

19/04/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions