Student Agents - Advice please?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Student Agents - Advice please?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
RB
124 Posts
0 Thanks
I think I have finally finished laughing off some of the claims that the TDS will not create any extra work, maybe not for landlords but for agencies that deal with students it is going to be a logistical nightmare.

On July the 1st we are going to have approximately 60 tenancies starting and therefore 60 groups of students coming into our office to pick up keys for their new houses.

Due to the introduction of the TDS we will now have to physically check-in these tenants into their new houses on the 1st of July and in their presence comprehensively update the inventory and conditional report for them to sign off there and then in order to protect our position at the end of the tenancy if a dispute occurs and we use a TDS.

Taking into account that to do this properly, especially for a 5 or 6 bedroom house, will take approximately 45 mins per house, working out a few figures (60 houses x 45 minutes)this suggests that on the first of July we will need 45 hours to do this properly and this is not taking into account travelling from house to house.

Please would some of the student agencies advise me on what they are planning to do?

26/04/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband