tenant ran a cannabis factory!

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents tenant ran a cannabis factory!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
The Roonster
2 Posts
0 Thanks
a tenant who passed a reference check (not RLA) disappeared after paying 2 months' rent. we hold a bond (pre April). He didn't pay rent on due date at the end of April, and his phone was switched off. I delivered a 1 week arrears letter, and also a letter edvising that I wished to conduct a routine inspection. No sign of life at the property and mail piled up behind the door. Locks had been changed. I advised the police that I was concerned for his safety, and they broke the door down, whereupon they dicovered a cannabis factory. Tenant's name is known to them, as he had rented other properties in the area that were cannabis factories. It appears he is an illegal immigrant, part of a gang, and the identity is understood to be false. He appears to have disappeared. I guess that he won't come back(!) but if his identity is false, was there ever a valid tenancy agreement, so do i need a court order to end the tenancy? My thoughts are, repair the property using his bond and re-let it, and if he makes contact, call the police. Any thoughts? Thanks
16/05/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions