LETTING AGENTS FEES

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents LETTING AGENTS FEES
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
mandrake
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a letting agreement with an agent by which they undertook to find a tenent and a range of the other activities such as collecting rent and holding the deposit etc. In return I was to pay 10% of the rent plus VAT for the duration of the tenent's occupation of the property. For various reasons after only 2 months the agent ceased to provide any of the services described in the agreement, but the tenent remains in occupation. A year has passed and the agent now wants 10% of the rent plus VAT for the coming year, even though the lease now only rolls forward month to month. I believe they are not entitled to their full fee as they are not providing a full letting service and if anything I have a reasonable oounterclaim for the full service I paid for last year and did not receive (ie all they did was find a tenant they did not deliver the related services of rent collection etc) and I further hold they at most can only claim a monthly fee as the tenancy rolls forward month to month. They have initiated court proceedings - have we a realistic case?
06/07/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband