Amendment to contract.

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Amendment to contract.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Salco
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Back in February we issued an AST for 12 months with a 6 month break. The wording was; “You will have the property and any agreed belongings for 12 months from …. to ….. After 4 months this contract can be ended by either party by giving 2 months written notice.”

Regretfully in my haste I omitted to include the words; “If at the end of this time, you want to continue the tenancy agreement and you have not already received from us two months notice to end the tenancy, it will carry on from month to month as a monthly contractual tenancy” after the previous sentence.

I assume if they want to extend I would need to issue a new contract when the existing one expires and transfer the deposit into the TDS scheme. I would prefer to leave the deposit as it is now and avoid issuing a new contract.

What I would like to know is what is the best way of amending the contract to avoid issuing a new one and the need to transfer the deposit into a TDS scheme? Can I update the wording and change that page in the contract if the tenant is agreeable (or would this potentially cause any legal issues should there be any eviction action to take in the future)? Or should I write an amendment get it signed by me and the tenant and attach it to the contract (if so does it need witnessing)?

05/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband