Eviction in general

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Eviction in general
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
V
vrddave
6 Posts
0 Thanks
I have an HMO (Licenced) and one of the tenants is in arrears and I would like the room back. There is no real urgency because the tenant fell into arrears at the beginning of the tenancy some nine months ago and has only paid a small part of those arrears since then and the rent has been paid more or less on time since, though sometimes in dribs and drabs and I have to work for it. A section 21 was issued at the start of the tenancy and nothing has happened to terminate it. I feel that my good nature is being exploited and its time I pressed a little harder for my money.

Can I just ask the tenant to go? If so how much notice do I have to give? If I want to raise the rent what notice and what forms do I need to issue? If the rent increase is not agreed by the tenant can I just ask them to go as above?

I dont really want to get into a section 8 situation just to move them out if they don't catch up the arrears.

David

28/07/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband