insurance - tenant running business from domestic property

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents insurance - tenant running business from domestic property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
alan_637
33 Posts
0 Thanks
My furnished rental tenant has had a breakin. It seems clear
she runs a franchise cleaning business from home. She was in employment elsewhere when she moved in October, 2005, on a six-month AST, which clearly states 'no business' from home, and my current btl insurance, specifically excludes this. She did not tell me of her changed circumstances. I feel unable to make an insurance claim, less my 'good name' is tarnished. She has had property stolen too. She denies she is running a business from home. I only discovered this when I phoned her on a landline last week, she answered with the name of the business.

She has also broken several appointments I fixed, to allow the contractors to assess the damage. I manage from a distance.
I am loath to give her notice to quit,as she has been a responsible tenant up to now, but need to take decisive, appropriate action to prevent a further deterioration of things. Have you any advice please?

02/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions