Help from RLA needed

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents Help from RLA needed
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Marsh
73 Posts
3 Thanks
As mentioned in previous thread, I bought a house at auction not knowing what the tennant situation.
After meeting the current letting agent who worked for the previous landlordat I found out that all tennants are Assured Shorthold Tennants! Whom have been issued section 21's and are past the initial 6 month contract(PHEW), so what are tennants classed as now, is it Periodic or something like that?
Also that there are only bonds in place for the latest 6 of the 12 tennants. This is due to the longest standing tennants having lost their bonds in previous landlord changes.

I will be acting as my own agent from now on and need to know what are my first steps and how to deal with the existing tennants.

1) I dont have a bond for 6 very long standing tennants who must be paying their rent otherwise they would have been evicted?

2) I would like to increase the rent to 50 from 45 per week as this seems slightly cheap in my opinion but I may be being greedy?

3) Shall I leave all tennants as the are or shall I issue new contracts?

Many Thanks
Marsh.

02/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions