I would be grateful of some advice please

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents I would be grateful of some advice please
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
SMS
21 Posts
0 Thanks
I had a tenant who left the flat he was renting from me before his six month tenancy ended
When I originally challenged him about this he just said that he had changed jobs and he wanted a flat nearer his new job. I told him that he would be breaking the agreement and I would seek to claim any loss incurred.

Within a couple of days I had the CAB on the phone to me saying that the tenancy agreement wasn’t worth the paper it was printed on because I mistakenly give him a copy of the agreement rather than the original (hard lesson learnt) they also asked if I would be retuning the £500.00 deposit that was printed on this agreement that in the last sentence was worthless and couldn’t be used! The deposit taken was prior to the new rules on deposit.

The tenant did move he also caused some damage to the property whilst moving his furniture out.
The tenant left without leaving a forwarding address but has wrote to me asking for his deposit be sent to his works address can I insist on a forwarding address?

I would be grateful of some advice please

15/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband