LA Issues incorrect AST - what can I do about it?

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents LA Issues incorrect AST - what can I do about it?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mondo
5 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

My Letting Agent started an LHA Tenancy in August and issued the Tenant with a standard AST. I was expecting the rent i.a.w. the AST "...rent 400 per calendar month, payable in advance ..." but the rent was in arrears after the first month! Which I questioned.

At planned recent visit, the Tenant informed me that they were paying their rent 4 weekly in arrears, as they were on benefits, with the regular 13 payments in a year. They had verbally agreed this with the Agents - news to me!

I have approached the Agent asking why the AST did not reflect the true situation and was informed " ... as long as the Tenant pays his rent within the 4 weekly period the terms of the AST are irrelevant!"
The Agent also is not interested in rectifying the rent to being paid in advance, even on a 4 weekly basis, leaving me with yet another uncovered mortgage payment.

Are the Agents in breach of their Contract with me for issuing an incorrect AST and allowing the Tenancy to go into arrears? If so, how do I get rid of the Agent?

Regards

Mondo

08/11/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband